Haritaki Powder USDA Certified Organic
|Item Code||Brand||Pack Size||Specialty|
Organic Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) Powder - GOPALA AYURVEDA
Sanskrit Name: Haritaki
English Name: Chebulic Myrobalan
Botanical Name: Terminalia chebula
Ayurvedic Energetics: V= P= K=
Haritaki Fruit Powder (Terminalia Chebula) is a traditional rejuvenative used to cleanse and nourish the bodily tissues. Balancing for all doshas, especially Vata. The deciduous Haritaki tree grows at an altitude of 1,800 meters. The round tree is crowned and braches spread out, with a diameter of 1.5 to 2.5 meters. The long ovate leaves are acute, in opposite pairs about 10 to 20 cm long. The flowers are dull white with spikes and can be found at the end of the branches. The fruit is hard and yellowish green in color. Each fruit has a single seed that is light yellow in color. The tree can be found in the sub Himalayan tracks, from Ravi to West Bengal and in the deciduous forests of Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Assam and Maharashtra. It is known as haritaki, abhaya and pathya in Sanskrit; harad in Hindi; hirada in Marathi; alalekaayi in Kannada; kadukkai in Tamil; horitoky in Bengali; xilikha in Assamese and karakkaya in Telugu.
Detoxification & Rejuvenation For Vata
- Removes excess vata from the system
- Assists natural internal cleansing
- Supports healthy elimination and maintains regularity
- Nourishes and rejuvenates the tissues
- Rasa (taste): sweet, sour, pungent, bitter, astringent
- Virya (action): heating
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): sweet
- Doshas (constitutions) Balancing for all doshas, especially vata
Uses & Benefits of Haritaki
- Haritaki has laxative, rejuvenative, purgative, astringent and dry properties.
- The paste of its fruit is effective in reducing swelling, hastening the healing process and cleansing the wounds and ulcers.
- The paste gives relief to the eyelids, in case of conjunctivitis.
- Gargling with haritaki decoction helps in stomatitis, oral ulcers and sore throat.
- It serves as a good astringent for loose gums, bleeding and ulceration in gums.
- The herb is used in preparing ‘Triphala’ that is used for hair wash, brush teeth in pyorrhea and treat bleeding gums.
- Regular consumption of haritaki powder, fried in ghee, promotes longevity and boosts energy.
- It responds well to gastrointestinal ailments, tumors, ascites, piles, enlargement of liver-spleen, worms and colitis.
- Powdered haritaki, mixed with jaggery, works well in gout.
- Its powder, when mixed with honey and ghee, is an effective remedy for anemia.
- Haritaki is combined with sunthi powder and given with hot water to lighten asthma and hiccups.
- Its decoction, when taken along with honey, is of great help in hepatitis and obesity.
- The herb improves memory and is salutary in dysuria and urinary stones.
- Haritaki helps in improving appetite and helps in digestion.
- It is a good nervine and helps in nervous weakness and nervous irritability and promotes the receiving power of the five senses.
- Since it is anti-inflammatory and astringent, it is helpful in urethral discharges like spermatorrhea and vaginal discharges like leucorrhea
- Haritaki should be sparingly used by lean individuals and pregnant women.
- It should be avoided in severe debility, mental depression, while fasting and vitiated pitta conditions.
Ingredients: each 10g of powder contains : Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) Fruit-10g
Suggested Use: Adults, 1 or 2g twice daily before meals with honey,ghee or warm water. Or as advised by your health practitioner.
SCIENTIFICALLY TESTED & COMPLETELY SAFE. SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS. NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS/NO ANIMAL INGREDIENTS. NO KNOWN SIDE-EFFECTS. COMPLETELY SAFE. NON-TOXIC. FREE FROM HEAVY METALS.
- Item specifics - Herbs And Botanicals
- Type: Herbal Food Supplement
- Suitable For:- Vegetarians
- Product: Haritaki Powder
- Supply: 15 Days (100g Powder)
- Treatment: Digestion, Absorption
- Use-By Date: 2 Year from MFG Date
- Product Form: Powder
- Condition: New and Sealed
- Brand: Gopala Ayurveda
- No Heavy Metals.
- No Added Artificial Flavours.
- No Chemical preservatives.
- No Pesticides.
- No genetically Modified Crop Material used.
- Certified as Organic by “Control Union Netherland”.
- Products produced and processed according to NPOP
- standards, NOP (USDA) & EEC regulation 2092/91
- No animal ingredients. Cruelty Free Certified Organic Product. Suitable for vegetarians.
- Thank you for supporting Nature and Biodiversity
*These Statements have not evaluate by the food and drug administration. This product is an "Herbal Food Supplement"and is not intended to diagnose,treat, cure or prevent any disease.
About Gopala Ayurveda
The Hindi meaning Gopala is ‘The Nurturer of the Cow’. The cow is an auspicious blessing from Mother Earth for the good of all humankind. They who care for the blessings which our Mother has given us, care for the Mother herself. It is through this care that the bountiful provision which is our inheritance is enjoyed, preserved and multiplied for ourselves, our children and generations to come. This is our deepest desire and purpose: that all humanity may have life and have it more fully. Our name in every way reflects this desire and the means by which we propose to pursue it. It is for this reason that we use only 100% organically grown, harvested, and processed herbs in our products, support sustainable economics, and endeavor to continue the millennia old tradition of natural and holistic science.
The roots of Gopala Ayurveda reach deep into the rich and ancient naturopathic tradition of Ayurveda. Utilizing the wisdom of this four thousand year old science with the technological potential of modern science we render these ancient formulations in a potent form, all the while maintaining faithful adherence to the formulae and therapies of the ancient texts. To this end, we have spearheaded research to develop Ayurveda’s vast herbal tradition into a comprehensive range of products to support healthiest and longest lives for our customers. These products have been met with warm reception in medical communities all over the world, and continue to serve the personal and healthcare needs of all parts of humanity.
Gopala is a pioneer in purely organic ayurvedic supplements, herbs, and oils. We promote healthy foods and nutritional products, and despite utilizing the benefits of modern science and technology, we train a strict eye on all stages of development and processing to be sure that our products do not suffer contact with any toxic or synthetic chemicals. Since the birth of this project, we have focused on the development of safe and effective remedies that will help people lead richer and healthier lives.
Gopala is not simply organic, which means to be free from any chemicals, pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, artificial additives, preservatives, and heavy metals, but we are 100% Certified Organic, meaning that the customer has the added security of the USDA regulatory action which requires that all ingredients in all products be traceable through their processing history and to the place of origin. Consequently, the consumer may know both exactly where and when each herb came from and the circumstances surrounding this journey to their hands. Gopala is unique in this regard. Other manufacturers, having claimed proprietary rights to ancient formulae have taken the liberties of enhancing these revered concoctions with preservatives, synthetic substitutes, and more. We, however, continue this venerable tradition as it has been maintained for thousands of years, in the sole interest of a whole and healthy life.
We at Gopala Ayurveda invite you to browse our website’s many products and informative articles and Allow us to serve you and your community with the bounty of Mother Nature!
Many Blessings for Health and Happiness,
- Be the first to review this product